Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome back

Hello folks,

Its been over one year since I last posted on my blog, and to celebrate the occasion (and reflect the fact that I'm back in Aus) I've renamed my blog along more generic lines to encapsulate domestic public policy, which is taking my attention at the moment.

There are currently multiple public policy challenges facing Australia's democracy but unfortunately the agenda is often set by media outlets, who are less concerned about informing public debate and more concerned about personality clashes and trivialities. None of this is conducive to a vibrant democracy.

I hope this blog will provide a forum where people can engage in debate and discussion about important issues while maintaining a respectful and relaxed atmosphere. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't have opinions - but it does mean that disrespectful or mendacious contributions aren't welcome.

No comments: